ORYTECH (PTY) LTD
Paint, Corrosion, Material and Environmental Consulting & Testing Services
20 Years of Excellence
Contact us: +27 11 472 7123
Johannesburg, South Africa
Qualified NACE Third Party Inspectors
We are able provide enhanced quality assurance and corrosion monitoring for our clients. Our qualified coating inspectors' scope of work includes the following:
- Monitoring and reporting of the batch certificates, shelf life, expiry dates, conditions,
handling and storage of paints, blast grit, solvents and surface cleaning agents used by the Coating Applicator
- Monitoring and reporting of all important meteorological and environmental site conditions,
namely industrial fall-out (pollution), dry bulb (ambient), wet bulb, dew point and surface
temperatures, wind (speed and direction), rainfall figures and % relative humidity on a twice daily (as a minimum) basis.
- Monitoring, reporting and witnessing of the surface cleaning, inspection, application and
repair work done by the Coating Applicator.
- Monitoring and reporting of the condition of the compressors, hosing, blasting pots, filters,
spray pumps and guns, as well as other equipment used by the Coating Applicator.
- Monitoring and calibration of all test equipment used for the quality control inspection of
the paint work (including that of the Coating Applicator)
- Measuring and reporting of the levels of salt contamination before and during the coating
- Measuring and reporting of the degree of surface cleanliness of the steel surfaces prior to
- Measuring and reporting of the degree of dust and debris on the steel surfaces prior to
- Measuring and reporting of the blast profiles of the steel surfaces after abrasive blast-
- Reframing from any verbal or physical abuse (altercation) of any public person or law
enforcement, Orytech and our client's staff, that may put Orytech in disrepute.
- Measuring and reporting of the wet film thicknesses of the different layers of the coating
- Measuring and reporting of the dry film thicknesses of the different layers of the coating
systems (including of the stripe coats).
- Inspection, monitoring and reporting of any coating repairs carried out by the Coating
- Performing cure and adhesion testing of the coated surfaces (where required)
- Inspection, monitoring and reporting of the holiday detection of the pontoons, following
- Witnessing, monitoring and inspection of the various reference areas to be established in the
- Inspection, cleaning and safe-guarding of all Orytech’s and the Consultants’ office, safety,
environmental and quality inspection equipment and documentation. This includes the proper
use and safe-guarding of vehicles, equipment and property that may be made available for
use by the Consultant.
- Daily measuring, labelling, photographing, sampling and reporting of original painted
(corroded) surfaces, prior to refurbishment.
- Sampling and forwarding to Orytech in Johannesburg the different mixed batches of paint, in
the form of coated steel coupons.
- Attending meetings and training sessions (where applicable) on Orytech’s behalf.
- Acting at all times in a professional manner as a representative of Orytech.
- Adhering to all safety, health, environmental and professional work ethics policies.
- Safe-guarding of any Orytech’s and our client's privileged and/or confidential information and
COATINGS, CORROSION, MATERIALS AND ENVIRONMENTAL
CONSULTING, TESTING AND FIELD SERVICES