Qualified NACE Third Party Inspectors
We are able provide enhanced quality assurance and corrosion monitoring for our clients. Our qualified coating inspectors' scope of work includes the following:
- Monitoring and reporting of the batch certificates, shelf life, expiry dates, conditions,
handling and storage of paints, blast grit, solvents and surface cleaning agents used by the Coating Applicator
- Monitoring and reporting of all important meteorological and environmental site conditions,
namely industrial fall-out (pollution), dry bulb (ambient), wet bulb, dew point and surface
temperatures, wind (speed and direction), rainfall figures and % relative humidity on a twice daily (as a minimum) basis.
- Monitoring, reporting and witnessing of the surface cleaning, inspection, application and
repair work done by the Coating Applicator.
- Monitoring and reporting of the condition of the compressors, hosing, blasting pots, filters,
spray pumps and guns, as well as other equipment used by the Coating Applicator.
- Monitoring and calibration of all test equipment used for the quality control inspection of
the paint work (including that of the Coating Applicator)
- Measuring and reporting of the levels of salt contamination before and during the coating
- Measuring and reporting of the degree of surface cleanliness of the steel surfaces prior to
- Measuring and reporting of the degree of dust and debris on the steel surfaces prior to
- Measuring and reporting of the blast profiles of the steel surfaces after abrasive blast-
- Reframing from any verbal or physical abuse (altercation) of any public person or law
enforcement, Orytech and our client's staff, that may put Orytech in disrepute.
- Measuring and reporting of the wet film thicknesses of the different layers of the coating
- Measuring and reporting of the dry film thicknesses of the different layers of the coating
systems (including of the stripe coats).
- Inspection, monitoring and reporting of any coating repairs carried out by the Coating
- Performing cure and adhesion testing of the coated surfaces (where required)
- Inspection, monitoring and reporting of the holiday detection of the pontoons, following
- Witnessing, monitoring and inspection of the various reference areas to be established in the
- Inspection, cleaning and safe-guarding of all Orytech’s and the Consultants’ office, safety,
environmental and quality inspection equipment and documentation. This includes the proper
use and safe-guarding of vehicles, equipment and property that may be made available for
use by the Consultant.
- Daily measuring, labelling, photographing, sampling and reporting of original painted
(corroded) surfaces, prior to refurbishment.
- Sampling and forwarding to Orytech in Johannesburg the different mixed batches of paint, in
the form of coated steel coupons.
- Attending meetings and training sessions (where applicable) on Orytech’s behalf.
- Acting at all times in a professional manner as a representative of Orytech.
- Adhering to all safety, health, environmental and professional work ethics policies.
- Safe-guarding of any Orytech’s and our client's privileged and/or confidential information and
Paint, Corrosion, Material and Environmental Consulting & Testing Services